Check out these top 8 fun facts on lip care from Dermal Therapy:
- Thin Skin: Lips are incredibly thin compared to the rest of the skin on your body.
- No Sweat Glands: Unlike the rest of your skin, your lips don’t have sweat glands. This is one reason they can easily become dry and chapped. Another fact – Dermal Therapy lip balm is Australia’s No 1 best lip balm for dry and chapped lips and sells 1 in every 13 seconds in Australia!
- UV Sensitivity: Lips are highly sensitive to the sun because they lack melanin, the pigment that provides some protection against harmful UV rays. Regular use of Dermal Therapy SPF50+ lip balm can help prevent sun damage.
- Blood Supply: Lips have a rich blood supply, which is why they appear reddish or pink. This blood flow helps them heal quickly if they get injured.
- Exfoliation is Key: Regular exfoliation helps remove dead skin cells from your lips, leaving them smoother and healthier. Did you know Dermal Therapy is the only lip balm in the market with built-in exfoliant to remove dead skin cells?
- Hydration Matters: Dehydration is a common cause of chapped lips. Drinking enough water is essential for maintaining soft and supple lips.
- Licking Lips Can Worsen Dryness: While it may be a natural instinct, licking your lips can actually make them drier.
- Aging Effects: As you age, your lips may lose volume and elasticity. Try Dermal Therapy Overnight Lip Repair – Lip Mask for a fuller and plumper lips.
Check out an expert commentary on the differences between lip repair and lip moisturisation from Amit Saha – Registered Pharmacist & Head of Technical & Innovation at Dermal Therapy.